Transform Your Smile Instantly With Veneers for Teeth
A porcelain veneer is a thin, custom-made porcelain molding made to cover the front of the tooth. Porcelain Veneers can cover unattractive gaps, mask stains, and conceal misshaped or crooked teeth. Each porcelain veneer is bonded onto the front of a tooth to create an aesthetically pleasing smile.
Why are Dental Veneers Made Of Porcelain?
Porcelain is a durable material that closely resembles your natural tooth enamel in color and texture. Porcelain does not easily stain and does not decay which makes it great for dental veneers. Porcelain veneers create a natural-looking smile.
“Dr. Bell did a great job talking me through all of the options available. . . I knew it was going to make a difference but I didn’t realize just how much.”
-Jeannene Durback, Porcelain Veneer Patient
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Radiant Smile: Porcelain veneers create a stunning smile! Patients love the renewed confidence that they get after their dental veneers have been placed. Your smile says a lot about you, and veneers help ensure that message is a positive one.
- Realistic Looking:Porcelain veneers have a natural, life-like appearance that blends well with the rest of your teeth. The porcelain material provides the best color matching out of all the materials used for veneers. Each porcelain veneer is individually sculpted for your mouth
- Don’t Lose Original Teeth: Your original tooth is not altered very much to fit the dental veneer.
- Tooth Whitening: Teeth of all shades can appear bright white with porcelain veneers. The color of a porcelain veneer can be chosen such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Stain Resistant: With proper care, porcelain veneers are resistant to stains from tea, coffee, and cigarette smoke. They stay brighter and whiter longer than normal teeth.
- Scratch Resistant: In addition to resisting stains, dental veneers are scratch resistant as well.
- Long Lasting: Dental veneers have a life expectancy of 5-10 years. With good oral hygiene and regular dental cleanings, you can expect to get a good decade out of your veneers.
- Gum Friendly: Porcelain is a material that gums tolerate well. This means a reduced chance of gum irritation.
- “Instant Orthodontics”: When covered with dental veneers, small gaps, minor overlaps, and uneven teeth can be corrected for a gorgeous smile.
- A Normal Life: Porcelain veneers look and feel like your natural teeth. You can eat the same foods as before the porcelain veneer procedure.
- Conservative Option to Crowns: Veneers are considered more conservative than crowns since less of the tooth needs to be removed in order to place a veneer.
Am I a Candidate for Teeth Veneers?
That’s an excellent question. Veneers are not the best solution for every tooth issue, so let’s go over some important factors in determining if veneers are right for you:
- Are your teeth healthy? Do you have tooth decay or other dental issues that might affect the tooth? A broken tooth is fine, but if a crack threatens the integrity of your tooth, or if you have decay, then we will want to look at other options.
- Do you suffer from gum disease? If the answer is no, then perfect!
- Do you grind or clench your teeth? For some of us, stress manifests itself in the grinding of teeth. If you do grind your teeth, this could damage the veneers.
- Do you have a properly aligned bite? Along with clenching your teeth, an improperly aligned bite could damage the veneer.
- Is there enough healthy tooth enamel to support the tooth? Without that tooth enamel, veneers cannot be properly bonded.
What You Should Know About Veneers for Teeth:
The procedure is not reversible | Once the wafer is bonded to your tooth, this process cannot be undone. It is important that you speak to your Lone Tree dentist clearly about all your options before you make a decision for any procedure.
This procedure works best on healthy teeth | Veneers are not the best option for teeth that are weakened by decay or fracture. There are instances when the optimum choice will be a porcelain crown or other treatment.
Veneers don’t require any special care | All you need to maintain your veneers is a good oral hygiene regimen. This includes brushing, flossing, and the use of antiseptic mouthwash.
Multiple appointments will be needed | The first visit is for a consultation. In the second, we will prepare your teeth and in the third, we will apply the veneer.
Schedule a Porcelain Dental Veneer Consultation in Denver!
If you are considering porcelain veneers, it is important to find a qualified and artistic cosmetic dentist rather than just a general dentist. Lone Tree cosmetic dentists Drs. Adam Almeida and Paul Bell are experienced and skilled cosmetic dentists that can create your beautiful new smile with porcelain veneers. See our smile gallery for before and after photos featuring some of our porcelain veneer patients.
Call our Denver Almeida and Bell Aesthetic Dental Center Office today near Highlands Ranch, CO at 303-858-9000 or send the simple form on the right, and we will be glad to contact you.