Hate your CPAP machine?
You’re not alone. CPAP doesn’t work for all sleep apnea patients.
CPAP is supposed to make me sleep better?
CPAP is designed to help patients breathe through the night. CPAP is supposed to help you sleep better, not worse. It’s frustratingly ironic that many patients sleep worse with the CPAP machine than before!
These are the most common reasons patients don’t do well with CPAP:
- CPAP is loud for the patient and their bed partner
- The CPAP mask is uncomfortable
- It’s easy to get tangled up in the hose
- It’s inconvenient to travel with a CPAP device
- Cleaning a CPAP is a pain (when you don’t clean it, it becomes a gross health hazard)
- Wearing a tight CPAP mask is impossible for men and women with claustrophobia
- The CPAP mask doesn’t work for men with beards
CPAP isn’t the only treatment available for people with sleep apnea.
There is an awesome CPAP alternative!
Dentists who practice dental sleep medicine offer a terrific CPAP alternative to treat obstructive sleep apnea. It’s called oral appliance therapy.
The dentist fabricates a custom oral appliance for the patient. The mouthguard-type device repositions the mouth and throat so the airway stays open during the night.
Imagine how life would be different if you had a CPAP alternative
An oral appliance is small. It has no tubes. You don’t have to wear a mask. It’s simple to clean. It fits in a toiletry bag when you travel. It doesn’t need electricity (hello camping!).
Dental oral appliance therapy provided by Almeida & Bell Aesthetic Dental Center is the CPAP alternative of choice for people in the Lone Tree area.
Oral appliance therapy could be right for you. Set up a consultation today!
Contact Almeida & Bell Aesthetic Dental Center:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):